I don’t know about you but if your like me when I get home from work and had a long day the last thing on my mind is exercise. If I even sit down for a minute when I get home it’s hard for me to get up and get going. Exercise needs to be a priority. For me I have to exercise first thing in the morning or else it’s hard to get the motivation.
The benefits to exercise first thing in the morning are countless. When I exercise first thing in the morning I achieve between 5 – 6 workouts a week. This is the goal I have every week. I achieve my goal almost 100% of the time every week by waking my butt up an hour early and exercise.
Does not matter if it’s a workout at home or a workout at the gym. I love my morning workouts. Even if I do have to go to bed earlier to achieve my goals.
Here are my top 5 reasons I exercise in the morning and hope you give it a try.
- You Burn Fat All Day – This is my number one reason why I train in the morning. By exercising in the morning it kick starts your metabolism early in the day. Just one of the benefits of doing this is burning that unwanted fat all day long. Do you need 4 other reasons? Well OK, here they are:
- Gives You More Physical and Mental Energy All Day – Exercise builds endorphins. and puts you in a good mood. By exercising in the morning it wakes your body up. Exercise gets your metabolism, heart, and digestive system going. Exercise allows you to better digest your food and direct it to energy rather than fat storage. Again an attack on fat. See the pattern building?
- You Will Be More Consistent in Exercising – One of the main things you need to do to get in better shape is to be consistent. By exercising first thing in the morning it makes it a priority. Before you do anything else in the day if you make exercise the priority you will get that 4 – 6 workouts a week. This will help you get in the best shape of your life. Don’t worry about overtraining. That is just an excuse to not exercise as much as you should. Your body will adapt to anything you put it through.
- Get Better Sleep – One of the best things insomniacs can do is to exercise. By exercising it resets your internal sleep clock. It allows your body to produce the chemicals it needs to help you sleep. Your body will build a healthy fatigue and will want to rest so going to sleep will be easier. Studies not only show people who exercise get better sleep, but those that exercise in the morning get better sleep than those that workout in the afternoon or evenings.
- Develops Stronger Discipline– By getting up in the morning and exercise it builds discipline. It builds a routine. It builds a consistent routine. By exercising first thing in the morning it allows for other priorities for your day.
So as you can see these are just a few of the many benefits to exercising first thing in the morning. By exercising first thing in the morning not only are you making it a priority and becoming more consistent but it helps get you in better shape. It attacks that fat early and all day long. It helps you sleep better at night. And another major benefit is it gives you more physical and mental energy for your day and what ever you do.
By exercising in the morning it is just one way to increase the amount of exercise you do each week. This article is just one of the 6 reasons to exercise more each week. Here are the others:
This was Tip 2 of 6 Ways To Exercise More Each Week. Quick Links to the articles are listed below:
Tip 5: December 1
Tip 6: December 8
Action Based Training:
For the next two weeks go to bed early and get up earlier to do some exercise. Make sure you look for the benefits. More energy, weight loss, etc.
Do you like to exercise in the morning, afternoon, or evening? Comment below and let us know why. Lets build a community to learn from each other.